Société Générale is one of the largest French banking groups. Net interest income breaks down by activity as follows:
- retail banking in France (33%; Société Générale and Crédit du Nord): owns 3,161 branches at the end of 2013 (11 million individual customers). Moreover, the group offers on-line brokerage services (Boursorama);
- financing and investment banking (30.5%; No. 3 in Europe): specialized financing (for acquisitions, projects, etc.), activity on the stock, interest rate, currency exchange, and raw material markets, brokerage operations, merger-acquisition consulting, commercial banking activities, etc.;
- retail banking abroad (23.6%): 4,163 branches;
- provision of specialized financial services (8.5%): consumer loan, leasing, management of car fleets, computer equipment rentals and life insurance;
- asset management (4.4%): EUR164 billion in managed assets. Société Générale also offers securities services.
At the end of 2013, Société Générale managed EUR333.2 billion in current deposits and EUR344.7 billion in current credits.Net interest income breaks down geographically as follows: France (45,6%), Europe (38%), Americas (5.5%), Asia (5.4%), Africa (4.9%) and Oceania (0.6%).