CLX Communications AB (publ): Interim report January - September 2017
· Net sales increased by 87 percent to SEK 2,148.8 million (1,147.7). Organic growth was 8 percent.
· EBITDA amounted to SEK 187.2 million (52.5).
· EBITDA excluding items affecting comparability1 (adjusted EBITDA) amounted to SEK 226.5 million (96.5).
· Operational foreign exchange differences affected operating profit for the period by SEK -5.0 million (8.2).
· EBIT amounted to SEK 93.8 million (48.8).
· Profit after tax for the period amounted to SEK 44.1 million (50.0).
· Basic and diluted earnings per share amounted to SEK 0.85 (0.77).
Third quarter, July - September 2017
· Net sales increased by 32 percent to SEK 781.4 million (590.2). Organic growth was -2 percent.
· EBITDA amounted to SEK 67.0 million (28.1).
· EBITDA excluding items affecting comparability1 (adjusted EBITDA) amounted to SEK 71.7 million (72.1).
· Operational foreign exchange differences affected operating profit for the period by SEK -8.0 million (4.9).
· EBIT amounted to SEK 34.5 million (7.3).
· Profit after tax for the quarter amounted to SEK 11.9 million (16.5).
· Basic and diluted earnings per share amounted to SEK 0.22 (0.34).
Significant events during the quarter
- On 4 July, CLX acquired the remaining 33 percent of the share capital in Caleo Technologies AB from the minority owners. Caleo develops software that CLX sells as part of its offering to operators under the Symsoft brand. Caleo was made into a wholly owned subsidiary in order to enhance product integration and further clarify the Symsoft offering. Please refer to Note 5 for further disclosures.
- The mobile payments business in Australia and New Zealand has been divested. In consideration, CLX will receive a portion of gross profits for 36 months and the capital gain amounted to SEK 0.1 million.
Significant events after the end of the period
- Remaining operations in mobile payments in the United Kingdom and Ireland were divested. In consideration, CLX will receive a portion of gross profits for 36 months and the capital gain amounted to GBP 0.3 million (approx. SEK 3.2 million).
- See the table on page 4 for a specification of items affecting comparability.
Invitation to report presentation by phone or online
The report will be presented in a phone conference at 09.00 CET on 7 November.
To participate in the presentation by phone, please call any of the following numbers 5 - 10 minutes prior to the meeting and state the code 7185357:
SE: +46 (0) 8 506 539 37
UK: +44 (0) 20 3427 1905
US: +1 646 254 3360
Register here to watch the presentation via webcast: https://edge.media-server.com/m6/p/gdcbhdh7.
For additional information, please contact:
Thomas Ahlerup, Chief Investor Relations Officer Tel +46 76 896 63 00
Odd Bolin, CFO Tel +46 70 428 31 73
Note: CLX Communications AB (publ) is required to publish the information in this interim report pursuant to the EU market abuse regulation. The information was submitted for publication on 7 November 2017 at 07.30 CET.
This report is published in Swedish and English. In case of any differences between the English version and the Swedish original text, the Swedish version shall apply.
About CLX Communications
CLX Communications (CLX) is a leading global vendor of cloud communications services and solutions for enterprises and mobile operators. Mobile communications services from CLX make it possible for enterprises to communicate globally with their customers and connected devices - IoT (Internet of Things) swiftly, securely and cost-effectively. CLX Communications' solutions enable business critical communication worldwide via mobile messaging services (SMS), voice services, and mobile IoT connectivity services. CLX has grown profitably since the company was founded. The Group is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, and has a presence in 20+ additional countries. The shares of CLX Communications are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm: CLX.
CLX Communications AB (publ)
Box 1206 Corporate ID 556882-8908
164 28 Kista, Sweden www.clxcommunications.com