Medtronic Announces Scientific Data Presentations at the American Diabetes Association 77th Meeting
Medtronic Will Host a Webcast of Its Diabetes Group Analyst and Investor Briefing
on Saturday, June 10 from 2 - 4 p.m. PDT
DUBLIN - June 6, 2017 - Medtronic (NYSE:MDT), the global leader in medical technology, today announced its schedule of notable sessions that will be presented at the 77th Scientific Sessions of the American Diabetes Association, in San Diego, June 9-13. A significant portion of the scientific data being presented focuses on Medtronic's insulin pump systems, including the MiniMed(TM) 670G system, the world's first hybrid closed-loop system which will be commercially available this month. Data will also be presented on the Sugar.IQ(TM) app, powered by IBM Watson technology, as well as managing glucose control for patients at Diabeter clinics in the Netherlands.
Insulin Pump Therapy
- "Analysis of the MiniMed(TM) 670G Pivotal Trial Data Using Novel Composite Metrics" - poster presentation by Dr. Robert A. Vigersky on Sunday, June 11 from 12 - 1 p.m. 1049-P
- "Maintaining Glucose Control at 1+ Year of MiniMed 670G System Home Use; Single Center Experience" - poster presentation by Dr. Satish K. Garg on Sunday, June 11 from 12 - 1 p.m. 126-LB
- "Medtronic SmartGuard(TM) Technology Significantly Improves Quality Of Life In People With Diabetes" - poster presentation by Dr. Shweta Gopalakrishnan on Sunday, June 11 from 12 - 1 p.m. 1064-P
- "Role of Appropriate Pre-meal Insulin Bolus on The Hybrid Closed-loop System-670G" - poster presentation by Dr. Anirban Roy on Sunday, June 11 from 12 - 1 p.m. 1053-P
- "Real-life Experience of Medtronic MiniMed 640G in Prepubertal Children" - poster presentation by Dr. Ragnar Hanas on Monday, June 12 from 12 - 1 p.m. 1408-P
- "Sugar.IQ(TM) Insights: An Innovative Personalized Machine-Learning Model for Diabetes Management" - oral presentation by Dr. Huzefa Neemuchwala on Saturday, June 10 from 8:30 - 8:45 a.m. 63-OR
Diabetes Clinic Approach
- "Improving Glucose Control in Diabeter Patients Receiving an Increasing Number of Automatically Generated Email Messages from 2013 to 2015" - poster presentation by Dr. Henk J. Veeze on Saturday, June 10 from 12:30 - 1:30 p.m. and Monday, June 12 from 12-1 p.m. 1394-P
- "Glucose Control as Measured by A1C in Diabeter Clinic Patients Compared to T1D Exchange Patients" - oral presentation by Dr. Henk J. Veeze on Monday, June 12 from 8:30 - 8:45 a.m. 287-OR
Company Exhibit Floor Presentations
Medtronic will be showcasing their newest and most advanced sensor, the Guardian(TM) Sensor 3 through a virtual reality HoloLens experience at Booth #2221. Throughout the conference, booth attendees will have the opportunity to wear head-mounted display units and learn about this unique sensor technology through 3-dimensional, mixed reality projections.
Additionally, Medtronic will host a series of presentations at the booth from Saturday through Monday, providing an opportunity for attendees to learn about the application of Medtronic technologies from experts. A full list of presentations follow below:
- CGM and Cognitive Computing: Easing Patient Burden in Daily Diabetes Management: Saturday, June 10 at 10:30 a.m.
- Making Diabetes More Actionable with Predictive CGM for MDI Patients: Saturday, June 10 at 1:30 p.m.; Sunday, June 11 at 1:30 p.m.; Monday, June 12 at 1:30 p.m.
- MiniMed 670G System with SmartGuard Hybrid Closed-Loop Technology: Saturday, June 10 at 3 p.m.; Sunday, June 11 at 10:30 a.m.; Monday, June 12 at 12 p.m.
- Gaining Deeper Insights in Creating Effective Treatment Plans with iPro(TM)2 Professional CGM: Sunday, June 11 at 3 p.m.
Finally, Medtronic will also be hosting a Product Theater Presentation on Monday, June 12 at 10:15 a.m., where Drs. Richard Bergenstal and Jennifer Sherr will give a presentation on "Driving Patient Outcomes Through Automation: MiniMed 670G System with SmartGuard HCL Technology."
Analyst and Investor Briefing
Medtronic will host a webcast to provide an update on its Diabetes Group during the conference on Saturday, June 10, from 2 p.m. to approximately 4 p.m. (PDT). The webcast will feature remarks from Medtronic management, including comments on Medtronic's clinical data, product pipelines, and market outlooks. The live audio webcast can be accessed by clicking on the Investor Events link at http://investorrelations.medtronic.com on June 10. Within 24 hours of the webcast, a replay will be available on the same webpage. This event is not part of the official ADA Scientific Sessions.
About the Diabetes Group at Medtronic (www.medtronicdiabetes.com)
Medtronic is working together with the global community to change the way people manage diabetes. The company aims to transform diabetes care by expanding access, integrating care and improving outcomes, so people living with diabetes can enjoy greater freedom and better health.
Medtronic plc (www.medtronic.com), headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, is among the world's largest medical technology, services and solutions companies - alleviating pain, restoring health and extending life for millions of people around the world. Medtronic employs more than 88,000 people worldwide, serving physicians, hospitals and patients in approximately 160 countries. The company is focused on collaborating with stakeholders around the world to take healthcare Further, Together.
Any forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties such as those described in Medtronic's periodic reports on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results.